Small but mighty, the SE packs the full punch of an iPhone 6s but in the body of an iPhone 5. Great for those who want a speed upgrade but not a size upgrade!
A beloved design. Now with more to love
The iPhone SE takes an incredibly popular design and refines it even further. Crafted from bead-blasted aluminium for a satin-like finish, this light and compact phone is designed to fit comfortably in your hand. A brilliant 4-inch Retina display makes everything look vibrant and sharp. And matt-chamfered edges and a colour-matched stainless steel logo finish the look.
The most powerful 4-inch phone ever
At the core of the iPhone SE is the A9, the same advanced chip that’s in the iPhone 6s. With 64-bit desktop-class architecture, the A9 chip brings you spectacular speed and responsiveness. And with console-class graphics performance, your favourite games and apps are incredibly rich and immersive. Making it a mighty chip for maximum performance.
Super-efficient M9 motion coprocessor
Embedded directly into the A9 chip, the M9 motion coprocessor connects to the accelerometer, compass and gyroscope for a range of ﬁtness tracking capabilities, such as measuring your steps and distance. It also makes it easy to activate Siri by simply saying “Hey Siri” without having to pick up your iPhone.
The only camera you’ll ever need
With a 12-megapixel iSight camera, you can be sure to capture sharp, detailed stills like the ones shot on the iPhone 6s. That includes shooting – and even editing – brilliant 4K video, which is up to four times the resolution of 1080p HD video.
Capture more than a moment
Live Photos bring your still photos to life with sound and movement. Simply touch and hold anywhere on your 12-megapixel still and experience the moments just before and after it was taken, so your photos turn into living memories.
FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash
The Retina display isn’t just a place to see your content – it’s a flash for your FaceTime HD camera. Powered by a custom display chip that allows the display to flash three times brighter than usual, Retina Flash helps illuminate your selfies in low light and at night. And a True Tone flash matches the ambient light for more true-to-life colours and natural-looking skin tones.
All your photos and videos, always with you
iCloud Photo Library stores every photo and video you take, and keeps them up to date on all your devices. Any edits you make are automatically updated everywhere, so you can view a photo from last week or last year no matter where you are.
Advanced security. At your fingertip
Touch ID makes unlocking your iPhone SE simple and secure. After all, your fingerprint is the perfect password – no two are alike and you always have it with you.
An easier, more secure way to pay
Touch ID isn’t just for unlocking your phone. It also lets you use Apple Pay at over two million stores and within apps. In stores, just hold your iPhone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID and you’re done. Because your card details are never shared – or even stored on your device – Apple Pay is a safer, more private way to pay.
Faster LTE and Wi-Fi
Browse the web, download apps and games, and stream video over 802.11ac Wi-Fi and LTE – with speeds even faster than on the iPhone 5s. And more LTE bands make the iPhone SE better for worldwide roaming. The iPhone SE also supports Voice over LTE and Wi-Fi calling for high-quality wideband calls. And with Bluetooth technology, you can stay connected to your Apple Watch, external speakers, and other devices.
Hardware and software made for each other
With an easy-to-use interface, amazing features and security at its core, iOS 9 is the most advanced mobile operating system and the foundation of the iPhone SE. It’s designed to look beautiful and work beautifully on your iPhone, so even the simplest tasks are more fun.
Apps that help you do more every day
Your iPhone comes with a collection of essential apps straight out of the box. Messages lets you send texts with photos, videos links and more. Music makes it easy to access the entire Apple Music library along with your personal collection.4 With FaceTime you can make video calls from your iPhone to someone else’s iPhone, iPad or Mac. And Maps keeps you headed in the right direction.
Your wish is its command
Siri is your personal assistant, letting you use your voice to send messages, search the web, get guidance on public transport and more. You can even ask Siri to search your photo library to find just the photo or video you’re looking for.
There’s an app for that
With over one and a half million apps in the App Store, you’ll be able to make your phone your own.5 Whether you browse by category or search for something specific, quickly discover and download new apps with a tap.
- 2GB RAM
- 4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136×640 pixel resolution at 326ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness
- Full sRGB standard
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Camera, Photos and Video
- 12 megapixels with 1.22µ pixels
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Sapphire crystal lens cover, True Tone flash, Backside illumination sensor, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR filter, Timer mode, Improved local tone mapping, Improved noise reduction, Auto HDR for photos
- Autofocus, Face detection, Panorama, Burst mode, Photo
- geotagging, Exposure control, True Tone flash
- 4K video recording
- 1080p HD video recording
- 720p HD video recording
- 30 fps
- True Tone flash, Slo-motion video, Time-lapse video with stabilisation, Cinematic video stabilisation
- Continuous autofocus video, Improved noise reduction, 3x zoom, Video geotagging, Face detection, Playback zoom
- 1.2MP FaceTime camera photos
- 720p HD FaceTime camera video recording
- Video and Audio Calling
- FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or mobile network
- FaceTime audio
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Audio Playback
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- TV and Video
- AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Mail Attachment and File Support
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
- Cellular and Wireless
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- Model A1662 *: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29); CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- Model A1723 *:UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28); CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41); TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
- Nano-SIM support
- A9 chip with 64-bit architecture
- M9 motion coprocessor
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- iOS 9
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Wi-Fi & Cellular connectivity
- 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- 113 grams
- System Requirements
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.8.5 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- iTunes 12.3.3 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)